Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Rivers or Rivers?


Incident Two : Just a month before half yearly exams, this great ma'am kept a surprise test. If some one says test before a month itself, I will not prepare well, how will you then perform well? 

She asked 3 questions, of that I managed for 2 but for the last one, The question was “What is perinial & what is non-perinial river?” For this I wrote (I still remember my answer so well, this ans then became school famous too) 

“Rivers that are perinial in nature and are not classified as non-perinial rivers are called perinial rivers. Rivers that are non-perinial in nature and are not classified as perinial rivers are called non-perinial rivers” – guys believe me I got a big tick against this answer & got 2 out of 3 (the deduction of 1 mark was because I didn’t give any examples….. ahahahah). 

The best part of this scene was, Gayathi, who is a highly intelligent student wrote the correct answer for this but got only 1 mark, she was so unhappy (this girl is very sensitive abt marks) & went to the ma'am along with the geography book and said “miss I have written the same as in book & why u gave me only 1 mark????”.

Our Geo ma'am was waiting for opportunity to bounce back on her and said “U know what is CBSE and how to approach exams in CBSE? U should never write what is their in books, u shld refer other books & write on your own, don’t just mug-up & vomit”…… he he he… 

all our batch mates were laughing on this for the entire day. Even now during our get-togethers & met-ups, conference calls, we use to talk abt this incident & tell Gayathri “Please don’t vomit”

Cheers! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment