Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Phew, bachh gaya..

I was so proud that I wrote some non-sense answer and yet never got caught for that. When the boys at my class learnt this, one of them told me that may be Geo Maam didn’t notice the answer well but if I do it one more time, I will for sure get caught. I told him, "the way I manage to write non-sense things, I will never get caught”. Then he immediately said “Ok, Bet, in one of the next few class tests, you should some were write a tamil movie name or a beginning line of a movie song, and if you don’t get caught, then I will get you a FAMILY PACK DAIRY MILK”. Family pack dairy milk was smthng really big to us, so I readily accepted
 
The test day came, and there was a question “Name the hills of Western Ghats”. I never kw the answer for this anywayz, but with the bet at mind I wrote “Aanai Malai Hills is a part of western ghats, Annai Malai hills are the highest mountains in Western Ghats, annai malai anna mala anna mala asai vechen is located in high altitude”…… and if you read btwn the lines, I wrote the anna malai song a little. Some how with full guts, I closed the test note & submitted it. After doing this, I told every one in the class that I have done it….. the reaction from my mates were “oh my god" 
 
We kept the bet for joke, if she catches you she will go to any extent. You know our principal is very strict too, she doesn’t even allow us to dance for a movie song in cultural shows, how will she tolerate this now? She will ask u to bring ur parents & complain this to them…..bla bla bla” and I started to fear out. 
 
Hey What will I do now? Then everyone suggested “Stanley, miss will keep the test notes at her shelf in the staff room, tomorrow morning come early, before 8.15 am, go into the staff room (it will be unlocked by the peon at 8’0 clock), open the shelf, take out your test note and strike off the song words well or just strike out the answer itself”. I said what if I get caught by some one, then my class leader (Sashi Kumar) told that “ok I will also come with you, I will stand with you, if any teachers comes in, then I will say, I came to keep the project charts, maps etc… 
 
I will manage some stories, you come at 8’0 clock tomorrow”. I came at sharp 8 the next day & my CL came at 8.10, when we went into the staff room, god our Geo maam was already there and best part was she was correcting our test notes”…….She asked us “what you want”, “we said, nothing maam, came to check whether Maths miss has come, we have some doubts in our home work” and then came back to our class.
 
I panicked, but my friends said "We will meet your uncle today & tell him what ever happened. So if principal calls ur uncle later, it will not be big problem, don’t worry”. I almost got fever that day. The same day, our last hour was geography class, and god she came with the test notes. I was just praying every god that I knew. 
 
Before she distributed she said “very bad performance, no one has done well in the test. Only Hema Latha has done well”, all others do imposition”, then she gave the test notes. Oh, I got the test note in hand, she has striked out the entire answer as incorrect, “0” marks next to it, but I am SO HAPPY, no remarks, no watch out for those words…..oh god THANK YOU>>>>>>>>. Didn’t stop with that, I got that FAMILY PACK DAIRY MILK FROM THAT GUY…….
 
I became so famous in my school after this incident (of course at the student level only, no teachers I think kw this), my seniors, my juniors, my batch mates started to call me “anna mala anna mala” there after. Even now in face book & twitter, if I send a friend’s request to any of my school mates, they will easily identify me saying “Hey Stanley whats up”?????
 
I THINK I WROTE TOOOOOOOOOO MUCH in this blog entry, will write about our biology class experiences in the next blog.
 
Bye Bye
Stanley :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment